Hudson’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Hudson is taking considered action to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, our clients, our contractors and our community. Hudson has implemented safeguards that are aligned with Australia, New Zealand and Singapore government guidelines and taken additional steps to minimise the potential impact, including:
- COVID-19 Response Framework: Hudson has implemented a COVID-19 Response Framework which brings together cross-functional personnel across the business to continually monitor, review and manage our response to the evolving situation. It also sets out Hudson’s governance and decision-making processes in order to quickly and efficiently respond to events as they unfold.
- Travel (Domestic, International and Personal): Hudson has issued an Interim Travel and Events Policy suspending all international and non-essential domestic business-related travel. Hudson personnel engaging in personal travel must comply with government directives regarding self-isolation for 14 days upon return. At present, the advice from the Australian, New Zealand and Singaporean government is do not travel overseas. Australia and New Zealand also have various domestic travel restrictions in place. Personnel are advised to consult the relevant government websites before embarking on any personal travel.
- Events: All corporate and client events have been cancelled until notified otherwise.
- Business Continuity: Hudson has in place a Business Continuity Plan that aims to ensure the safety of our people and visitors and the continued provision of key client services and operations.
- Visitors, Interviews and Meetings: Hudson is implementing a screening process for all personnel visiting our offices. Video interview and meeting tools will be utilised wherever possible.
- Health Measures: Hudson has implemented a number of health measures and is providing health related guidance and information within our offices. We are also actively instructing any staff who feel unwell to follow relevant government guidelines in terms of seeking medical care.
- Working Remotely: Hudson has implemented remote working measures for our internal staff.
- Safety of our Contractors: Hudson is working actively with our clients to safeguard the health and safety of our contractors. We are issuing regular communication and information as the situation unfolds.